Most people have stressful lives today. But, some people seem to deal with the stresses of life better than others. What is their secret? It might be meditation. Medication has been scientifically proven to be helpful for dealing with stress.
Here is how meditation can help. It certainly will not hurt you to give it a try.
* Provides Quiet Time to Reset Everyone needs some quiet time where theyre unplugged from not just technology but from all the things that cause some form of stress (even good stress) during the day. When you meditate, you essentially “unplug” from all of that and give your mind time to reset and be calmer.
* Increases Your Mental Resources Studies show that regular meditation helps you think more clearly and become more creative. Thats because meditation is sort of like cleaning your hard drive on your computer, giving you more space for better things and less space for the stressful things.
* Youll Become More Capable When you have a powerful tool to help you deal with stress, you will suddenly become much more capable of handling stress. That reset period allows you to deal better with stress when it comes to you than when you have no tool to help you.
* Youll Increase Your Focus and Clarity When you have a way to let go of circular thoughts that cause stress, youll be able to better focus on any problem or issue with clarity and purpose. In fact, you can have a meditation session almost any time once you are accustomed to doing it.
* Youll Have a Method to Handle Sudden Stress If something happens at any point during the day that causes you stress, the fact that youve developed a meditation practice will come in handy. Its not that you must meditate each time youre stressed; its that the ability to become mindful and in the present will serve to help you deal with stress as its happening.
* Youll Have Less Anxiety and Depression Studies show that like deep prayer, regular meditation changes your brain chemistry so that you will have less anxiety and depression overall. It doesnt mean youll be rid of it completely, but you will have less.
* Youll Be Able to Sleep Better Most people who practice meditation also tend to fall asleep more easily and faster. You can make it a habit to meditate twice a day; once to promote energy and once to promote sleep. In the evening before youre ready for bed, do five to 15 minutes of meditation to help you wind down for the day.
* Youll Reduce Your Stress Hormones The stress hormone cortisol has been shown to be reduced through regular meditation. Too much cortisol can interfere with good sleep, cause daily anxiety, and even cause you to gain weight around the belly – risking your heart health. Anything that will reduce your cortisol levels is good for you.
You may not be able to get rid of the things that stress you. But, you can learn to deal with the stress better by learning safe meditation practices and techniques.